You are moving to Australia. Atlas Movers will get you there.
Are you thinking of moving to Australia? The pristine landscapes and vibrant economy offer perfect conditions to emigrate to the land of the Aussies. Australia is a beautiful continent with beautiful landscapes, multifaceted cities and breathtaking nature. It is a fun prospect but with strict rules and requirements. So it is recommended to use a professional moving company. That’s why Atlas International Movers is the perfect partner for you! We help you move carefree from and to Australia. At Atlas International Movers we know that moving can be a big task. That is why we want to take this task off your hands. Because we have years of experience, reliable partners and know-how, we are the perfect moving company to arrange your removals to Australia.
What do you have to arrange yourself?
Before you come to Australia it’s important you have the right visa. To find out what the right visa is will depend on a number of factors such as the reason you’re moving to Australia (study or work), what your nationality is and how long you intend to stay in Australia.
Where can I get help about visas in Australia? The easiest place with the most correct information is the Australian Department of Immigration website. Here you will find all the information about the different types of visas available and their eligibility and requirements. Below are some of the requirements you will need to fulfil:
- Proof of available funds
- Skills and qualification assessments
- Health insurance
- Background checks
- Knowledge of the English language
- Some visas require you to have an Australian bank account already opened. Click this link for more information about opening a bank account in Australia
There is an easy way to find out which visa is the right one for you. On the website of the Department of Immigration you will find the multiple visa options available. By clicking on the visa you think you’ll need, the website will take you through a couple of questions (about your circumstances and situation) and helps you find the right visa.
What rights will my Visa give me in Australia?
Every visa has different rights and conditions, so it’s important to find out what you’re entitled to and what your restrictions are while living in Australia. For example, a number of visas won’t allow you to work and many have restrictions on healthcare. If you need more information, you can find it on the visa details and conditions page of the Australian Department of Immigration website. Also It might be worthwhile getting the help of a migration agent or lawyer to help navigate your way through the system.
Can I become an Australian Citizen? In short, yes! Some visas are a pathway to becoming eligible for Australian citizenship. But this is more difficult, there are multiple options on becoming an Australian citizen. You must meet the criteria before you apply. These are the different ways to apply for citizenship:
- You are a permanent resident, a permanent resident aged 60 year or over or a New Zealand citizen, you are eligible for a citizenship through conferral
- Your parent was an Australian citizen when you were born overseas
- Partners or spouses of an Australian citizen
- Refugees or humanitarian migrants
- Commonwealth Child Migration Scheme migrants
You are moving to Australia, what’s next?
So your relocation to Australia is through, you already have a job offer or an employment contract in this country and you have a work visa. Or your citizenship status has been approved. It is important to make the relocation to Australia as smooth as possible, that’s why Atlas is the perfect moving company for your relocation. In addition to moving to Australia, you will also have to start looking at everything Australia has to offer. Why else is moving to Australia right for you? Well, expats living in this country enjoy many benefits of going to Australia including a high quality of living, great education, good healthcare, fantastic work-life balance, and decent work benefits from employers.
Furthermore, Australia is a country that’s as diverse as it is beautiful. There are many gorgeous places to visit. If you’re moving to Australia and you have the means and the time, we recommend that you should visit these places:
- Sydney Harbour: The Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, these two places alone are enough to make this a must see.
- Uluru: The striking red monolith forms the centerpiece of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
- Arnhem Land: The northeast corner of the Northern Territory gives visitors a true taste of Australian wilderness.
- Bondi, Byron Bay, Hyams Beach and Cottesloe Beach: One of the best things about being an Australian is all the beautiful beaches there are.
- Cradle Mountain: Tasmania has some of the country’s most beautiful places, including the forest of the Cradle Mountain.
- Daintree Rainforest: The Daintree is full of rare Australian wildlife and vegetation.
- Great Barrier Reef: Visible from outer space, the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef is one of the largest living structures on the planet.
- Fraser Island: World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world. Four-wheel drive vehicles are essential as the island has no sealed roads.
- Kakadu National Park: Kakadu is the largest national park in Australia. Within its borders lies everything from monsoon rainforests, mangrove swamps to rivers and waterfalls, as well as an astounding diversity of wildlife.
- Blue Mountains National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, beautiful Blue Mountains is a popular day trip from the city. a beautiful hiking place!
Of course there is so much to see and you don’t have to do everything at once. That is the beauty of living in Australia, there is always something new to discover. Do you want to know more about the country and all that it has to offer? Have a look at their tourism website!
How do we proceed?
The process of moving to Australia takes 8 weeks. Our employees will pack your household goods in seaworthy packaging, after which they will be transported by sea, while small consignments will be sent by air. We will visit you at your home and will discuss with you what is required in order to emigrate to Australia. We will draw up a detailed inventory and will explain to you the specific rules for the customs clearance of your belongings, to ensure you are fully prepared for moving to Australia. By ensuring thorough preparations and by engaging reliable movers of Atlas International Movers, we will ensure that you will have no surprises when moving to Australia. If you’re planning to move to Australia and you want us to help you move, you can request a free quote or use one of the options below.
We will be more than happy to give you a call to discuss your requirements, answer any questions you may have and plan an appointment for a pre move survey. Let us guide and advise you to make your transition as smoothly as possible. Feel free to leave your name and number, one of our customer service agents will call you shortly to assist you.
You have come to a stage that you require to request a quotation for your upcoming move. You may still have some questions and prefer a video survey above an in-home survey. Select a day and time and we will reach out to you to conduct a video survey. Using your mobile device you can show us the items you would like to move.
You know exactly what to move and would like to learn more about the flexibility of our services and related pricing. Just follow the process, complete your details, tell us about your requirements and we will get back to you shortly with our quotation for your requested services.
If you are not really sure on what to choose, a call request is the easiest solution. That way we can answer all of your questions! If you, like us, like to prepare for a relocation then you may find our checklist very helpful. It gives a timeline with tips on how to prepare yourself for your relocation! Download our checklist at the bottom of this page!
Your own relocation coordinator
Atlas International Movers guides your move from door to door. If you have any questions during the relocation process, please contact your personal relocation coordinator. This person can answer all your questions about the move. This way you can prepare for your life in Australia without any problems.
If you are moving to Australia and you want to make an appointment with us, please feel free to contact us or view our website! If you would like storage for your household effects before, during or after moving to Australia, this is also possible. Click here for more information about inventory storage at Atlas. If you want to know more about Atlas International Movers, read more about our moving company here!